Any experience with RockAuto.Com (not OT)?

Today I got my monthly ValPak mailing. I usually go through the coupons for cheap car washes, oil changes or pizzas. Today a new coupon jumped out at me. It said "Need Auto Parts at Rockin' Prices? Need a Bumper for your Buick? Need a Starter for your Studebaker?... It intrigued me so I went to

. They list both Avanti (from '68 on) and Studebaker from '50 though '66. They have a pretty neat, responsive catalog though I'm not sure I would order front wheel cylinders or shoes for a '64 Avanti. They don't list a huge number of Studebaker items, but a lot of the maintenance parts seem to be there. Any experience? Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

John Poulos

I've bought parts for my daily driver, Ford pickup, from Rock Auto for the past few years. I've gotten hoses, brake parts and a timing belt with fast parts delivery, right parts, and often a choice of manufacturers. I especially like usually being able to view the part. I thought they and "Autozone" used the same data base, at one point. Both listed R3 Avanti's even though there were only nine cars made. They sell individual Fel- Pro engine gaskets for Studes. There are periodic sales. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

Back in 2003, was when they came online and I found their database was pretty flawed. I was looking for a Hydrovac for the 55 Pres and wound up using the number they had listed for a 55 Mercury. I did purchase a rebuilt unit for $149.00 and as soon as I got it, the price jumped to $175.00. They did require a core and my account was credited as soon as they received it. After looking over their parts assignments, I emailed them with a lot of errors. Whether, they ever corrected them is anyone's guess.

Reply to
SilverStude

Yes, I use them fairly often.

Only problem I have had lately was a topic in another thread, FedEx contract delivery left two front wheel seals on the front porch in the rain...

JT

Paul Johns> Today I got my monthly ValPak mailing. I usually go through the coupons for

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I see the data base has changed. The R3 is no longer listed at all. I've forgotten what unique parts were actually offered for them, if any. Some pictures of the Stude gaskets are gone, too. Fel Pro no longer supplies R2 intake gaskets. They used to provide standard gaskets, with the unrestricted heat riser passage. That's a pretty fine point. I gather someone told them the difference; and they made the change rather than supply the "wrong" part. The material in these data bases must come from the parts manufacturers like Gates, Fel Pro, etc. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike