Attaching window rubbers

I noticed that in the parts book that the weatherseal rubber that goes between the front of the window and the A post on my hardtop has holes in it for the screws. Of course you can not adjust it against the window when the weatherseal is in the retainer unless there is a hole in the rubber. So how would you suggest attaching the rubber and its metal retainer to the A post?

  1. Cut a hole in the rubber so big the screw bears on the bracket
  2. Cut a small slot in the rubber so the screw bears on the rubber
  3. Stick the bracket to the A post with two way tape
  4. Assemble the rubber in the bracket, hold it up to the window and mark it, take the rubber out, align the empty bracket to the mark, screw the bracket to the A post and install the rubber in the bracket.
  5. Leave the rubber out and don't go out in the rain.
  6. Don't care.
  7. Some other better solution

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

Look carefully at the stainless trim piece. You slide the rubber up into the metal and then screw them in as if they were one piece. This according to my memory.

Reply to
Bill Glass