Auto Trans fluid??

I am just getting ready to put the auto transmission back in the 63.

What type of readily available fluid should I be using??

Tia Jim

Reply to
jimandkathiekrise

Dexron is the replacement for the Type "A" fluid that was originally used. Type "F" will also work if firmer shifts are desired.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Reply to
dwcars

Studebaker used Type A ATF. You probably won't find it at your neighborhood chain auto parts store (NAPA excepted), but any good vendor that supplies commercial shops can probably get it for you.

Bill

Reply to
Chile B

Anything marked Type A is suspect because one of the key ingredients is whale oil.

Reply to
transtar60xxx