avanti ps hoses

Does anyone have any tips on replacing the power steering hoses on a 1976 Avanti II. I have removed the right and left turnhoses and have replaced the end on the cylinder. I don't know how I ever did anything like this before I got my lift. It is really nice to sit or stand and work on something instead of laying on my back trying to work on it.

Thanks in advance, Henry

Reply to
blacklarkviii

None of us are getting any younger! As I look for a place to build a shop I am thinking more and more about a lift. I know a guy who says the greatest thing about the lift he bought is being able to wax his car without bending over! Joe Roberts

I don't know how I ever did anything like this before I

Reply to
itraseecab

I removed the control valve and rod, on my Stude Avanti, with the hoses attached. I was rebuilding the valve and replacing all four hoses. I installed the hoses on the valve, on the bench. There are pictures of the positioning, on the Yahoo Avanti site, in "Files". The pressure and return hoses curve up and forward from the control valve. They go around the front of the steering box, and up the fender apron. There is one Audel clamp near the horn relay. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks I will keep this in mind as I start on it.

Reply to
blacklarkviii