Avanti Rear End

I need to replace the rear end in my ' 63 Avanti. What should I be using? thanks to all

Bruce McKenna Tulsa, OK

918-581-5529
Reply to
bam

A 63-70's Avanti Spicer 44 rear. If you just need gears or parts to rebuild yours, they are available.

snipped-for-privacy@praywalker.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Not sure I understand your question... Do you need to know what to ask for? Or what ratio? Or are you asking where to get one? Why are you replacing it?

I haven't ever had to have one serviced, but I suspect it can be repaired by any competent differential shop. My understanding is that there are other Dana 44 axles (or other makes and types of axles, for that matter) that can be used, but the critical issues are going to be the overall width, the wheel stud pattern, the U-joint attachment, and the mount tabs for the radius rods.

Avanti used a Dana 44 axle:

WayneC