Barrett-Jackson starts tomorrow

7pm-12pm on Speed. 40 hours of coverage. Enjoy watching people with too much money lose their common sense.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

itraseecab

That show is no friend to the automobile hobbist. It is TV entertainment and ratings for speed channel. How many cars have you seen on ebay with the phrase "just like the one that sold on BJ for $70000!!" How many cars sold at BJ go on ebay later, and they won't sell for

1/2 the price they paid?

Thats just my opinion. I am sure a lot of people just like looking at the cars and get entertainmaent from the overbidding.

Reply to
Paul Brewington

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I was out to BJ yesterday. I saw a 59 or 60 2 door wagon, 51 Champion Starlight and a 47 M cab. Plenty of Mopars, 57 Chev, Vettes etc. The Silver Auction starts Friday and will have cars we can relate to far better. Denny L

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
lockmon

In general, higher prices help the hobby. i.e. it's worth reproducing expensive parts for high value Studebakers. The higher values make more restorations affordable, more cars mean more affordable parts reproductions. Try and fine show reproduction interiors for a 4 door Studebaker Lark for example. There is very little demand for a $2500 interior kit for a Lark 4 door simply because the car is not perceived to be worth it.

There are some Classic models where there is not such th> Hey, If JP could figure out a way to do it... He would .

Reply to
John Poulos

Any projections for what the 57 Golden Hawk will bring?

Reply to
Barry