Battery Size?

I have a GT Hawk being delivered tomorrow that is supposed to have been "finished". Driver tells me that exterior parts are laying in the interior and that the gentleman who worked on it, drove it on the trailer and then removed the battery. So much for my sending parts and money without question. Anyhow between now and 6am I need to get a battery for the Hawk, but do not know what size. Can anyone help? I would guess a group 24 but don't know for sure and do not want to be buying two different sizes. Thanks Brian

Reply to
Brian Scott

Group 24, you need whichever version of same has the negative terminal toward the front, whenever the battery is installed with the terminals toward the inside of the car.

HTH

nate

Reply to
N8N

Reply to
Brian Scott

Brian, Brian, the original is a 24F (Ford). However, You may wish to consider reversing the terminals- so that the positive post is towards the front (If 100% original is not a concern). Some of todays batterys are slightly taller than the '60's battery. It has happened that the positive post can contact the hood- wreaking havoc to the hood. Do NOT put an "acid pad" under the battery. Be sure to install the correct battery hold-down.

You may know someone that can make suitable battery cables should you wish to change the terminal location. :-)

Ray

Brian Scott wrote:

Reply to
Studeman