bottom of window rubber on C-body coupe?

Hi all...

I've tried to order the part listed in the parts book for the rubber piece at the bottom of the door window that holds it into the channel, but apparently this part is no longer available NOS. I tried ordering one for a K-body but while it looks correct the channel for the C-body window is much deeper. I asked Bill Fennessey and he said that those windows were only held in by glass setting tape, but the old, disassembled window frame sitting in the back seat of my car says otherwise. Anyone know of a vendor that has a stash of these laying around?

thanks,

nate

(just wants to have working, unscratched windows, is that too much to ask?)

Reply to
N8N

Nate,

The glass setting tape comes in different thicknesses. the thicker ones beind as much as I think 3/16" thick. It almost looks and feel like a rubber gasket like material. Go to a local glass company that cuts and installs glass in older cars and they should be able to help you. If it was mine and I had it out of the car I would let them put it back in the rail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 336 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
blacklarkviii

nate, if you are not worried about authenticity issues i have used silicon caulk successfully. run a heavy bead of silicon in the "U" channel. tape off the glass about and inch from the bottom, insert the glass in the channel, let it set up, pull the tape off and re install the window. good luck, ed ellis

Reply to
edjellis