Bought another R series GT

I didn't expect my snipe bid to hold up on a R1, now I have to figure out what I'll do with it since Sal is buried under my cars this month.

JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net
My Ebay items:
Daytona HT

64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper) 63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) 63 R1 GT Hawk 63 Avanti R1 62 Daytona HT 62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk
Reply to
John Poulos

Ya gotta love that heater control valve!

Dustybob

Reply to
Dustybob

How can you tell it's an R1? serial no. of the car? There's some serious parts mixing and matching going on under the hood; early style water neck, possible aftermarket A/C bracket? can't tell, and an Edelbrock carb, Delco alternator, Lark radiator (and missing the HAwk fan shroud) aftermarket fan clutch, etc...

still and all, if it still has the "JT" serial on the block and the R1 pan etc., you probably did all right, that's a screamin' deal.

I think you should ship it out here, just because I would take great pleasure in fixing that mess hung on the front of the engine :) (a GATE VALVE on the heater?)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Shouldn't that heater valve be chrome on a R1, to be correct?

Reply to
PatSkelly

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
John Poulos

John Poulos

That car was my car, or used to be. It was restored in '89. It was originally rose mist, and that is the color I painted it. It was found under a tree in Cottonwwod, AZ by Bob Miles. I went down and bought it.I paid $1500 dollars. I still have the production order. The plate on the dash Said "Made expressly for Peggy Miller", I believe. Non package Hawk, no HD FOM tranny, per the production order, I believe Studebaker only made 3 with the regular FOM. But the car did have a water cooled tranny in it, put in by the second owner. He also also put a giant trai;er hitch on the back, now gone. It was bought new at Ray Tanner Studebaker in Phoenix. I put classic floor boards in after water ran in the dog legs of the doors and soaked the carpets. Arizona car with floor board rust. I didn't put any of that crap on the car, and the car had new quality paint in the proper Rise Mist even though I hated that color. I sold it to a Warrant Officer in the Army who bought it, took it to Louisiana, then California. He paod me $7500 in '94. It dropped out of sight for a long time, and now I see why. I still have some stuff on that car in my files, but I didn't find it on a quick look.I'll look more tomorrow.

Kelly Marion, Tucson

Reply to
kelmbaker

Reply to