Brake pedals and lavender

Today's Wall St Jrnl reports exciting new female-oriented auto products. First, a pedal pad from Mr. Gasket which keeps smooth soles from slipping off, and high heels from catching under. Seems all right to me, plus it works for Allen Edmonds, cowboy boots, and spurs. Then again, I'll gladly wear silk long johns under army wool and not even feel "special."

But next up is Kumho's new ladies-only tire, which, when parked warm in garage, exudes the aroma of...lavender. After retching violently, I remembered Avanti Turquoise.

A recent article on female influence on crossover SUV's mentioned ("in passing"?) that one maker had yielded to women's demand for...more horsepower. Takes one back to the Jean Lindamood "Powder Puff Derby" days of SCCA.

I always thought Studebaker's ad appeals to a were largely positive and inoffensive (noted interior designer recruited to priss up door panels, short wagon with auto trans touted as ideal for family women, "Vanity," and then there was Eleanor)--compared to the "Milady" crap espoused by Big 3, which probably drove away more buyers than it ever attracted. Can anyone else recall those campaigns, and how they sounded at the time?

No doubt, the inmates are running the asylum on Mad.Avenue. Sigmund Freud ("What do Women Really Want?") is in product development now, promoted from his 50-year career in marketing. Lesbaru, anyone? West of Laramie?

Lavender tires. Could be that women are not going to be their prime market here.

Mike Seery WLEC R3672 (open bag of unlit Captain Black, repels mice)

53 M47 6X6 (smells like warm 120 weight gear oil)
Reply to
comatus

BF Goodrich makes a tire (G-Force TA something IIRC) that has a colored stripe in the tread (Red, yellow, blue, green).. Causes some problems with gangs in some neighborhoods... They're tagging the streets with their colored tires... Jeff ( Just imagine what wimmen' would do with them? ) Rice

"Mike wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice