C body window seals, whiskers, etc.

Need info and source(s) for window rubber seals and all associated whiskers, for both the window glass and wing glass for a C body. Any personal experience regarding "fit", and other issues, appreciated. Thx, Stan

Reply to
tempestan

Yes! I have said it before, the ones I got from Studebaker International had perfect fit and finish. you won't go wrong. I got all the pieces for my Diesel from Ed.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Parslow

I was very unhappy with the fit and finish of the Avanti rubber I recently purchased from Studebaker International. The wing glass seals were the worst of the lot -required a lot of trimming with a razor blade to get them to fit. They had clearly not been cut or removed from the mold properly. They also had somewhat of a grainy texture to them

-unlike the windshield rubber which was smooth.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
S2BAKER

The two vent window seals and rear window seal were about the only rubber parts I didn't require for Big Bertha, so I can't speak for those three items. But the rest I can, including the windshield rubber, door seals, window channel, cat whiskers, hood-to-cowl seal, etc., and they worked out great for me. The only item that I didn't install personally was the new windshield; reason being if I broke it somehow upon installing it, I'd be out of a windshield. I let the glass outfit who ordered the windshield do the install. The local glass outfit is an independent (Carr's Glass), and probably does most of the vintage automotive glass cutting and installs here, and has dealt with lots of repop rubber including Model A stuff. He did make mention mine was one of the 'better' rubber repops he's had to work with.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Parslow