Car shipping

I have been recommending Peg trucking since she gives us a "Studebaker discount". I have had a few e-mails from folks that were quoted a better price than Peg so I called Peg for a chat. Bottom line is, if you get a better price, give Peg the quote and she'll try to beat or match it. The way the system works is she quotes based on what she thinks the trucker will charge and adds her broker fee. If she quoted you a $1000, she probably put the haul out to her truckers for $900. If you found a cheaper quote, she could put it out for $700-$800 and see if she finds a trucker that will do it for that.

She did say you might wait a few weeks to a month to get the cheapest deal, but she'll put any price you want out for bid on the system. The bottom line is shop around a bit, Peg will not always be the cheapest but she wants a shot at keeping our Studebaker business.

JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk63 Avanti R1

62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk
Reply to
John Poulos

Looking for some Canadian shipper recommendations. I need to move a non-operative Studebaker from Langley area in BC to Montreal area. I will pick up the car in eastern Canada and take it through customs.

Thanks, Joel

Reply to
Joel

Reply to
John Poulos

I used DAS terminal-to-terminal from Dallas to Tallahassee. The Cruiser cost me $535, open carrier.

Arrived in tip top shape, no hassles.

Peg was about $200 higher.

Dave Miller, So. Ga. SDC

Reply to
South Ga. 62 Cruiser

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
John Poulos

Leave it in Alamogordo, John. I'll be glad to drive the 300 miles over and get it for you.

Reply to
Loy Daniel