Champ Pick Up

Do you think my 1964 Champ with an 8 foot bed would pass off as a 3/4 ton? Home Depot won't rent me a small tractor unless I have a 3/4 ton truck to pull it with. Of course I only need to drive it about 1 1/2 miles to my house from their store. My brother in law has a 1/2 ton brand x that he pulls an 8000 pound boat with but they won't let it go with that.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Go rent it and when they ask tell them its a 3/4 ton, they likely won't have a clue unless the rental guy is truck savy

Reply to
rustynutgarage

I think your VIN tag says 6600 gvw, but unless they are smart enough to look at that... I pulled an 18-foot 3,800 pound travel trailer 4,000 miles with my 8E7 including crossing the Cascades from Washington to Idaho and crossing Wyoming in elevations up to 9,000 feet. I also pulled a loaded 14-foot tandem axle cargo trailer 1500 miles with it- no sweat. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I have been asked several times if my 60 Champ 1/2 ton with an 8 foot bed is a 3/4 ton, most people don't know. Give it a shot.

Reply to
Studedude

I would drive down with my 3/4 ton Studebaker Transtar but I don't have the hitch setup on yet. . . then again I rented a trailer from U-Haul with the

97 Passport and all they asked was what was a pulling . . . A Studebaker Transtar first trip out of town. . . . they should have ask how much does the sucker weight. . . Home Depot must be a little pickier.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Tell them that the Champ is a 3/4 ton, and the Chimp is the 1/2 ton Jeff (Like they'd know? ) Rice

"Michael - Roseland FL" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

The VIN plate clearly states that the warranty is void if you carry more than 2,000 lbs... Sounds like that should cover it.

JT

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

let them prove it otherwise, if they had a clue on LLVW, GVW, curb weights, payloads and fore/ aft configurations they would not be loading sod and bags of milorganite for minimum wage.

Reply to
oldcarfart

I'd sure hate to void my warranty!

Jeff DeWitt

Grumpy AuC> The VIN plate clearly states that the warranty is void if you carry more

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I thought that Studes were guaranteed fer life!

JT

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The life of the company maybe :(

Jeff DeWitt

Grumpy AuC> I thought that Studes were guaranteed fer life!

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt