Champ project update

For those who have been following this saga...

The front clip is off my Champ and the front part of the frame and the parts of the firewall that are behind the fenders have been sandblasted and painted with POR 15.

Northern Tool has a siphon type sandblaster that sells for $19.99 and works great, you have to have a good compressor though!

I've gotten what I believe to be the correct motor mount brackets and am working on getting the correct bellhousing and brackets.

I'm also still looking for a drag link to replace my bent one and a pair of hinge mounts.

Some idiot PO (I think a different idiot PO than the one who did the conversion) cut the hinge mounts off the body, so if anyone has a Champ or early Lark parts car and you could spare those brackets I'd appreciate it.

Here are some pictures.

Next weekend I plan on painting the firewall and inner fenders, then it's time to start putting things back together again.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Jeff,

What's that gobble guke in the pic of the motor mount? Car bracket on engine and broken frame mount, but what's the other stuff?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

You mean this one?

The engine was mounted too high, that is a big steel spacer and two bushings from the front of a mid 60's Chevy, along with a steel tube inside to keep things straight.

Believe it or not I replaced it once, the rubber on the old pieces was going bad and the engine was really starting to move as the old rig tilted, it didn't have the tube inside to keep it straight... my setup was actually an improvement! (Kind of like polishing a turd...)

I'd tried putting in a regular V8 motor mount but it didn't work for obvious reasons.

Jeff DeWitt

64dayt> Jeff,
Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

nice time to pull the oil relief valve and clean it up....

Reply to
jbreen

Did you find the right truck engine mounts?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Yep, that's on the list!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Yep, Jerry Kaiser had a pair.

Jeff DeWitt

64dayt> Did you find the right truck engine mounts?

Jeff DeWitt