Cheap, close match for Ermine White touchup

JDP, did you tell me once that a certain shade of Sherwin Willliams paint is a good touch-up for Ermine White?

Thanks, Bill Pressler

Reply to
billslark

John Poulos

Bill, I have used Dupli-Color # T205 Wimbledon White in the rattle can with great success on my 64 wheels. JWW

Reply to
JWW
64 wheels are "whiter" then earlier wheels.

JWW wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Wimbledon White and S-W Antique White are almost exactly the same color. I think I've used almond appliance epoxy in a pinch as well. Now this is for 62-63 wheels, not the real white '64 wheels.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I never noticed any difference in wheel color between '63 and later Studes, but I do know the '64 and later, white exterior paint color (Astra White) is absolutely brighter white than the '62 and '63 Ermine White (which is creamy and off-white).

Bill Pressler

Reply to
billslark

Bill,

Everyone seems to be responding to the issue of wheel paint. Are you looking for a match for wheels or for the body color of your Lark, which, IIRC, is Ermine white? (I think that it's white, but it's been so long since I've seen it.... )

Jim Bradley

'64 Daytona HT ?Rerun? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Remove HAT to reply

billslark wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bradley

AFAIR they are very close, or at least I've seen someone touch up a '63 GT with paint that was purchased for wheels. However, you'd really have to try it to know for sure, who knows if that car was repainted or original.

nate

Reply to
N8N