CK 53-55 outside mirrors

Need some mirrors for my 53 CK and am wondering what mirrors fit and look good. Thought I heard camaro mid 70's would work. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave.

Reply to
Dave

I am using 1988 Mustang GT mirrors, they look like they were designed for the car!!!!!!!!!

Dave wrote:

Reply to
oldcarfart

Reply to
blacklarkviii

You butcher!!! And I'll bet you grin every time you work on that devil-worshipping piece of tin, too!! Ohhhhhhh...the inhumanity!!

Bob

oldcarfart wrote:

Reply to
Bigbob62

Don't put any outside mirrows on it. It slows you down and uses more gas.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

What's wrong with using the original style available in repro? Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Cool. How do they fit the contour of the door? Any pics? Thanks.

Reply to
Dave

Dave I went to a wrecking yard and found some from 80s GM cars that I thought would look good and bought them. When I got them home and held them next to the car I thought they looked too modern. Then I decided not to use any outside mirrors. After driving it for awhile without mirrors it just didn't feel right. I have settled on a pair of the Stratoline mirrors that a lot of Avanti's use. I think they look pretty good.The stock mirrors for 53 just don't look right on a CK.

-- Jerry Kaiser (studeblu)

53 Coupe (pinky) 53 2R6 pick up 57 Silver Hawk 37 President 64 8E13 one ton 64 Transtar one ton
Reply to
Gerald Kaiser