Comedy about cars ,,, OT Wanted: My sanity back

Some where along this long and lonesome life I lost my sanity. I have gone hopelessly bonkers and am just short of being a raving lunatic over this car addiction that I have. Much like a kid in a candy store going from one display case to another and trying not to drool on the glass, I keep making one decision then changing my mind, and back again. Somebody shoot me. lol Put me out of my misery, or give me the money I need to buy the thousand or so cars that I just can't live without. And why is it bothering me worse as I get older? I have given up all hope of having anything for retirement. Any and all money is being spent on my car addiction. And if I did have any real money I know that I would be hoarding up parts and cars like a rabid, foaming at the mouth squirrel getting ready for the long winter. Is it a mortality thing? Like a thrashing man in quick sand frantically grabbing onto what ever he can before he goes down for the last time? Am I getting to philosophical here? Or am I just a car nut who's gone over the deep edge? Is there anybody else in this boat with me? lol If there is throw out the anchor and let's stop this lunacy. lol

Reply to
Pckstude

There is no sane way to stop it once you have it. It's like having a fine woman, one who's warm and willing at the touch. Only bankruptcy, or death will end the suffering, on either account.

Bo

Reply to
JAMES MARKHAM

Reply to
Studebaker George

I have been addicted since I965. When I was 16 my dad bought me a 17 yaer old Champion convertible.I will soon be 58. It has gotten worse over the years. Not only do I still have it but I have spread it to much of my family. My wife own 2 Studes an Avanti II, and a Caddy conv. My son has 2 Studes and aDodge Lil Red Express. Even my sons-in law have gotten the fever. as well as 2 of my grandsons. Counting parts cars my family has over 50. I see no way out! But then as with any addiction,you must WANT to get out. I DON'T NT

Reply to
nthornton

I have it REAL bad... I'm about to be 17 and have 3 Studes and always on the lookout for more. I got it from my grandad (Neil Thornton), so I blame him although he doesn't seem to mind at all. We've passed the disease on to my 7 year old cousin, who's already claimed 2 Studebakers as HIS, a '63 Lark two door shell, and a running '54 coupe project. He's insisted several times that we pull my Daytona project out of the shop and stick HIS '54 in there and finish it. Poor little fella; he got infected before he knew any better, as did I. And the worst part of it is, there's NO end in sight... But, the good thing about it is, I get to drive all sorts of cool Studes around; such as little yellow Coupe Expresses, old unrestored '38 Commanders, and even an occasional '53 Studillac. In reality, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...

Matthew Burnette

Reply to
mbstude