Cool Car (Sadly, not Stude)

'Just got the June Hemmings Muscle Machines in today's mail. Among the features is an excellent article on a beautifully-restored, documented-as-ordered, get this: A Fawn Gold 1962 Chevrolet Impala

4-door SEDAN with dual-quad 409 and straight THREE-speed, column-shift manual transmission!

That has to be about the oddest thing they have ever featured. The current owner bought it from the original owner, who had saved everything from the day he (orig owner) ordered it. 'Seems the wife insisted on a 4-door sedan for the kids and did NOT want to shift any more times per trip than she had to. That nixed the 4-speed he wanted...but she went along with the dual-quad 409. Sorry it's a Chevy, but that might even be more rare than the R2/4-speed 1963 Cruisers that were built.

Have to see it to believe it. Gotta admit, anything THAT unusual has to appeal to any red-blooded car nut.

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Bob, that does sound neat...anxious to get my copy in the mail.

I like the '61 Chevys, and the '62's a little less, and the '63's and '64's, way way less. I like the '61 and '62 dash with center glove box.

Bill Pressler

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
billslark

What will be even more unusual is if an equivalent Canadian built Pontiac Parisienne 4-door turns up similarly equipped!!

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8