Crane electronic ignition question

When I tore my Daytona convertible down for a valve job I found that the distributor is electronic. It is a Prestolite so I guess it's a Crane ignition set. Are they like some Pertronix where you have to turn on the ignition for a few seconds before you hit the starter? It seemed like it required a lot of cranking, but when I waited maybe five seconds it started instantly. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

John Poulos

My Toyotas fire right up and as far as I can recall so did my 86 Volvo and

94 Ford. I don't have a lot a patience and would have been bugged by any delay. I also never warm up my cars, except the Stude, which needs a little because it has no choke. My other cars I put in motion in about 5 seconds.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

all it takes is 3-5 seconds, the dash lights will cycle.

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
oldcarfart