Decoding a VIN

Threaded View

I've recenly embarked on a retoration voyage on a 51 2 door
sedan/Coupe, Model: CHA. In trying to get some background info on the
car, I tried (but failed) to find a VIN decoder.

Can anyone point me to one - or let me know what my VIN (C35392) would
tell me?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Maury

Re: Decoding a VIN

On a Studebaker, the body tag on the firewall offers a lot more
information than the serial number.  It will tell you year, model, body
style and trim level.  I can only guess that yours will read something
like "10G F3" or 10G C3" from what you mentioned it is.

Craig.

Re: Decoding a VIN

There is no VIN in the traditional sense, just a body number and serial
tag. If you send the Studebaker Museum the serial number and $45 (I
think) they send you a copy of the build sheet on how the car was equipped.

JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com

Site Timeline