Decoding a VIN

I've recenly embarked on a retoration voyage on a 51 2 door sedan/Coupe, Model: CHA. In trying to get some background info on the car, I tried (but failed) to find a VIN decoder.
Can anyone point me to one - or let me know what my VIN (C35392) would tell me?
Thanks for any help you can offer,
Maury
maury wrote:

On a Studebaker, the body tag on the firewall offers a lot more information than the serial number. It will tell you year, model, body style and trim level. I can only guess that yours will read something like "10G F3" or 10G C3" from what you mentioned it is.
Craig.
There is no VIN in the traditional sense, just a body number and serial tag. If you send the Studebaker Museum the serial number and $45 (I think) they send you a copy of the build sheet on how the car was equipped.
maury wrote:

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com