Did I just screw up?

Had to order some stuff from Speedway, and I needed a carb spacer, so I looked through their online catalog and ordered a 1/2" phenolic spacer for a Holley 390CFM (I think? the small one) 4-barrel, thinking that that way I could open up the holes in it only as large as the bores of my AVS to preserve low end torque.

Now that I think about it, the Holleys use the outside bolts, don't they? Please tell me I'm wrong.

nate

(I'm a Dumas sometimes...)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

John Poulos

D'OH!@#$%^#%^!!!!!

OK all...

desperately needed to keep my car legal, does anyone have either:

a) a 63-64 style 4-speed speedo cable and core; it looks just like the "normal" Stude one but the depth of the nose where it sticks into the trans is different; also has a little notch in it for the clamp to hold it into the trans, as opposed to the other cables which have the clamp as part of the cable.

b) an early style 4-speed cable, core, AND the pinion adapter that goes into the trans. Ratio not important as JP has one for a 3.31:1 which is what I need, but I assume that he won't just give it to me. I might get brownie points if I got one with a 3.54:1 or 3.73:1 ratio to replace it with. (JP, jump in here if you really want to keep the 3.31 pinion adapter.)

Let me know your price if you have these parts. SASCO's web site showed them as available but I guess they are not.

If you even just have the pinion adapter let me know. I had a custom cable made for my '62 Daytona because the stock cable was NFG when I got the car; I can go down that road again if I have to but I still would need the pinion adapter I don't know if a speedo shop could make the late style cable from scratch.

thanks,

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Just to add, I looked back in my files and it was United Speedometer Service that made my last cable, their web site no longer works, are they out of business? Anyone else I should ask? I only have one local shop that advertises that they would do something like this, and they're worthless.

thanks,

nate

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The Holley uses the outer holes...

You'll probably be fine with the spacer. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Jeff Rice

The manifold isn't drilled for the outer holes... that wouldn't be an insurmountable problem BUT the kicker has to mount using the inner hole.

nate

(I was afraid you were go> The Holley uses the outer holes...

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Is that link working for anyone else? I get "server not found" on my puter.

thanks,

nate

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Worked for me. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I just tried it - works for me.

Joel

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Joel

working for me now, too. I must have caught them during a server reboot or something. I was just worried that this was going to be yet another one of those little project stoppers :(

nate

Paul Johns>

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Well yes, but that flange area is large enough to accommodate drilling and tapping 4 holes. Kicker? WITH is a kicker?

Reply to
Jeff Rice

The little vacuum operated thingy that keeps the R-motor cars from stalling when you let off the gas too quickly.

see 2nd pic...

nate

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Link worked for me

Reply to
D.J.

Oh, ok. Lost the term in my head someplace.. Dashpot came to mind.. Looks like the bracket is the only thing that lines it up with the throttle arm... Mail it to me and I'll make you one in polished stainless that will fit right. Jeff

"Nate Nagel" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Is there a modern equivalent? It's not just a dashpot, which is what most cars would have in that place, it actually kicks the throttle open when manifold vacuum drops below a certain level.

I guess I just need to sit down and play with all these parts some more. Easiest solution might be to suck it up and buy a different carb spacer.

nate

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
N8N

I remember 12v ones that only went on when the a/c was on... Jeff

"N8N" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to