Does your Lark gas tank pressurize itself when you drive???

I just installed a new Stewart Warner gas gauge I bought from T- Bolt at the swap meet last month.It works great,and had a nice, new thick gasket which sealed nicely.I used new screws and brass washers to stop fuel weepage around the sender.It appeared to work,but the tank really pressurizes itself and hisses like one of the new car gas tanks when the cap is removed after a drive. IS THIS NORMAL???? I have a new repo gas cap from Studebaker International. What can I do to eliminate the pressure build up?? This has me worried.The tank is / was a new gas tank from SASCO when they still had them.The only modification we performed was soldering in a new steel 1/2 inch fuel nipple to feed my supercharged motor. I don not want to cut the gasket on the cat to relieve the pressure since the car launches pretty hard when it hooks up and I dont want fuel running past the cap on my paint or dripping down the gas tank washing off all my undercoating.Besides it is a fire hazzard.You guys have any ideas??? Thanks in advance~~~~~!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~RICH

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

what year Lark? If it's a stubby lark, I think it should have a vented gas cap in which case I would consider your new cap suspect. If it is a

62-later it should have a vent tube in the trunk and would suggest you check that to make sure it is not plugged with mud daubers etc.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel