"Doing The Right Thing'...Stude Style

As was mentioned in another thread, something about doing the right thing takes extra effort... A group of us went over on a nice afternoon, and we set up with enough room so walkers, and wheelchairs could come over and see something other than the walls in a room or a hall. Here's a pic from a visit a while back at a rehab center.

The gal in this pic had spinal injuries and was just learning how to walk again. When her grandparents tried to help her up, she said she had to learn to do this by herself. She struggled mightily and made it upright. When I said she didn't have to get up just for me...She said "How else are you going to see this cool skirt" Almost made me tear up....really. One octegenarian lady was scooped up out of her wheelchair and placed in a shiny red Corvette convertible and taken for a spin. Made her day, for sure...

Another thing I have done is to take all of my old car magazines, and other club member's car magazines and take them to the VA hospital. Reading material is limited...... I have been saving up since last trip, and have about 6 boxes stacked up now...couple of hundred pounds worth...

So I have to agree. It's one thing to post about doing the right thing, but it is another thing to actually do it. Free ride to anyone that helps me load and unload ... Jeff

Reply to
Deepnhock

Some great ideas here, Jeff. I'm going to bring them up at our next chapter meeting.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

No sweat Chip.. Somewhere on my PD hard drive I have some pic's where a half dozen club guys showed up at the local blood drive and we all gave blood to help the hurricane victims in Florida. Best parts was we all got cookies and ice cream afterwards .. Lots of ways to help people out...and have fun doing it. Jeff

Reply to
Deepnhock

Cookies AND ice cream????? I'm there!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

These are all excellent deeds, and ideas. This discussion has given me some ideas of my own.

James York SC

Reply to
Padhammer