Engine swap book

I found my 1968 version of the Complete Book of Engine Swapping by LeRoi Tex Smith. It has three Stude engine swaps featured. A 60 Lark with an Early Chrysler Hemi with 8 one barrel carbs, neat. A53-54 coupe with a small block Chevy, hohum A 63 Avanti with a 455 Olds why? The Avanti is body number 63 RQ 1253. Neat to look at but wonder if any of them survived?

Reply to
Kenneth Robinson

I believe the '63 Avanti with the 455 belongs to Jon Meyer, he granted me a ride in it at South Bend in 2002. One ride in it and your question on "why" will be answered. We as a whole (Studiephiles) are a "dare to be different" group anyway, so why not push the envelope? Calvin (putting a 1986 Corvette floorpan in my '54 "C" body "Bonneville Wannabe" coupe, to go along with the 512 caddy, 2004R, 4 wheel disc brakes and full 'glass nose, trunklid and bumpers) Lowell

Reply to
oldcarfart

Found a use for those 'vette parts, huh Calvin? Great! How ya been doin'?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

isn't the 'vette floor basically a Balsa wood/hneycomb sandwich or did that not happen until later?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Feeling GREAT!, walking (!!!!!!!) with a euro crutch (looks like cane with arm band), down 65 lbs. since first of year, down to maint. meds only from 15 prescribed drugs a year ago and reduced belly= male enhancement results , 'vette floor (aluminum/steel) going in stude, suspension going in '37 packard, right now doing a treadle vac to hydroboost w/ dual master conversion on a '57 olds, going slow as I have short energy windows but getting better daily! Enjoy!!

Jerry Forrester (no spam) wrote:

Reply to
oldcarfart

Glad to see that your doin' ok Calvin.

I look forward to more of your wit in the future!

JT

oldcarfart wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I'm sure that I don't need to ask you of all people but you are putting a newer, bigger PS pump in that Olds aren't you? (not a pleasant feeling running out of boost)

Another option would be to use a "bomb" accumulator like BMW did, but those have been known to be problematic (my old 535i had a dead one, the one second lag between pushing on the pedal and brake assist kicking in was a little unsettling...)

nate

oldcarfart wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Damn Calvin, that's great! I also have short energy windows, and there's not supposed to be anything wrong with my health,(physically wise that is).

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

My '82 3/4 ton GMC (originally a diesel, now gas) has a hydra boost and I have had nothing but excellent service out of it. Jeff's '37 Coupe Express has a hydra boost. He hasn't had any problems that I have heard of.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Reply to
oldcarfart

Reply to
oldcarfart

Glad your on the rebound.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for the update, Calvin!

It's good to hear you are doing better. Keep up the good work, we know it's not easy.

Reply to
Dave Lester

Glad to hear you are feeling better, and out and about getting some projects done. That's excellent news!

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Thanks Dave, Gordon, Jerry and everyone else! I hope to be more active in the future, looking forward to SB 2007!

Gord> >Feeling GREAT!, walking (!!!!!!!) with a euro crutch (looks like cane

done. That's

Reply to
oldcarfart