Ethanol: Harmful ??

I remember back in the late 70's/early 80's there being talk about ethanol being harmful to seals, carbs etc...Any concerns warranted ? I just filled up my truck with 10% ethanol. It's all over New England....

Reply to
jbreen
10% or less won't do much damage to your rubber fuel system parts. More than 10% will cause problems.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

I took my lawn mower in for repairs last year and was told that the ethanol had ruined a gasket. He showed it ot me and was definitely in sad shape. Not a mechanic so don't know anything more than that - was someplace where it controlled the fuel flow I seem to remember.....

Reply to
Terry and Glenda

Well it must have been an old mower because the rubber used for small engines was re engineered to witstand ethanol almost ten years ago. What often happens is something else gets dumped in the fuel........cause it all burns right......

Reply to
Studebaker Kid