Explorer rear end swap

Finally found a complete positraction Explorer rear end to put in the 54 Coupe, I'm anxious to see if it really is a direct swap. Should have it today, will post appropriate pics as available.

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I heard about the swap and thought about it but now I will find out for sure if it's a reality. The 8.8" rear is a great swap if it works.

The most important thing for me is if the width is the same or narrower. I also wondered if the center of the differential was actually the same as the Stude's.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

You want your coupe to be prone to rollovers?

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Width is the same, within 1/2" or so according to the books. I'm interested in finding out if the spring perches are indeed in the right place. Will let you know, should have it on Monday.

Wizard of Oz wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Pat, is their a width difference between 2WD and 4WD as in other vehicle platforms? and being an 8.8 the guts from a 5.0 mustang should fit for gear swaps & posi acquisition.

fits:

oldcarfart