Fake 232

I decided to install a 289 I had laying around in the 51 and make it look like a stock 232. Converted to 4 bolt rockers, took the check valves out of the stock fuel pump to use it as a "pass through" from the late pump.

I'll use a 55 water manifold to clear the late pump, but it'll still have the early thermostat housing. I'll add the 62 2 barrel for the correct jetting under the stock air cleaner.

picture: ]

John Poulos

Just be careful John. I think there is a secret serial number somwhere on the block :)

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Reply to
John Poulos

If it's a DG200 automatic you may have too much power for the tranny. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
John Poulos