Fire in my home town(OT)

Turn up your speakers,my all time favorite song too. This happened in Sackville NB the other night.

Robert Black

Brian Scott

Ya had me somewhat concerned there, Robert! I'm sure glad it wasn't the old Fawcett-Enterprise Foundry works. I cooked for years on an old Enterprise gas stove!! As a side note, in the late seventies, Enterprise was the only stove/oven manufacturer in the world that made old-skool wood, modern style gas, electric, and microwaves all at once.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Reply to
Robert Black

Where are they made, now? According to the

website, they're still in Sackville. I know the early-eighties recession got them the first time, and they only make 'high-end' old-skool now.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Reply to
Robert Black

I do remember when Enterprise started to manufacture microwave ovens in

1978. I seriously considered buying one when I had a "Buy Canadian" attitude in me back then. And this was considering that they didn't even get that high of a rating in Canadian Consumer, where the Amana Radarange and Toshiba got the highest. In 1981, when I finally decided I couldn't live without one, I had to settle on the Amana RR10A as Enterprise lost its Alberta distributor. I will have to admit that old Amana served me real well. It finally crapped out Labor Day 2003. I replaced it with a totally characterless $79 Samsung unit.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Reply to