Florida burning again. . .

_I-95 is closed due to wild fires over on that coast and now I-75 closed to wild fire on this coast. I know of a lot of Studebakers through out Florida and many are in rural locations. Specially the Cade's Collection I think I would be looking for temp. location until we stqrt getting some rain. Their collection is in no danger as we speak by any means. Southern counties are a lot dryer then the northern counties like where the Cade's Place is but every where is drying up fast. I doing my part for watering. . . Drinking beer and watering the bushes.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Florida is just waiting for hurricane season... with the burn off, we'll be hearing about mud slides there next.

Lee

***
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

You mean Sand (shells) Slides

Reply to
Rick Courtier

What's to slide? You need a hill for that. The highest thing in Florida is an overpass. Jeff (Well...345 feet... way out in the panhandle Lakewood/Britton Hill) Rice

"Lee Aanderud" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

I found it pretty hilly just east of the Tampa area IIRC..

JT

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Well, the little rolling bumps aren't real hills... The few real hills in Florida are easy to spot. All the wheelchairs, walkers, and O/D equipped Studebakers are down at the bottom Jeff

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote..

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Every hill I saw in Florida had a lake beside it where they dug the sand out to make the hill for the interstate highway bridge.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Mt. Dora?

Reply to
oldcarfart

We have lots of hills here 'cept they are infested with rats...er...politicians... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

And suddenly it's gone. . . Had our first rain in over 80 days here in the Tampa area. 1 to 3 inches in spots, nice waking up to the sound of thunder and rain drops on the roof. Can't speak for the rest of the state but it was very welcome but too short to really make up for the lack of rain this year. Weather people give us only a 10 percent chance of rain and now after the rain it was move up to 30 percent. . . make me wonder about ther perdiction for the hurricane season this year. (very nervous lol)

Reply to
Rick Courtier
1/4" of rain by me.....

"Rick Courtier" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Heh!

So you noticed that "they" like to construct the seats of power on high locations so that they can look down on the peons, eh?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire