For Sale

Without going into alot of detail, we need to sell our Father Son project car. We have a1956 Packard Clipper (built by Studebaker). We have removed all of the front and rear suspension, the 352 v8,the UltraMatic auto trans, and the differential getting ready to order all of the parts. then I was laid off from my job. What else can I say. Somebody please make an offer that I can't refuse. I would sure hate to see this car go to the junk yard to be sold for parts or scrap metal. Everything is here. All of the chrome inside and out, all of the glass, all of the engine and transmission, etc....lets talk (no supercharger sorry)

Reply to
larry

Dude-

layoffs suck,

Where are you?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dunning

I'm in Riverside Caif. about 65 mi. E of LA

Reply to
larry

I'm trying to understand the situation--you are saying the car has no suspension installed? So you can't install tires and it won't roll? AND it has the ENTIRE drive train out? And all the parts are kinda in bunches? By the way if it is a REAL Packard, it was made by Studebaker-Packard, not Studebaker. Do you have pix you could e- mail? What condition is the body, interior, drive train? Thanx, John

Reply to
fieronut

To answer your questions

1) Yes there is no front suspension at all upper and lower control arms, steering knuckles (2), sway bar, coil springs. 2) In the back the leaf springs,spring pads, sway bar, shock pads, differential, even the gas tank was removed. 3) I don't think it would take much to put the diff back in and get it to roll on the back wheels. 4) Yes the entire engine (LS352 stamped on motor block) has been removed and dis assembled (no major problems found with the exception of 1 bad ex valve had to coaxed out of the guide. the valve and guide will need replacing) The pistons, rods, crank, cam, timing gears all look to be usable Yes the entire drive train is currently out of the car 5) all of the parts are in bunches. I'm not sure I understand your question. When we removed things we didn't just throw things around if that is what you mean. 6) To the best of my information, this car is a Packard that was built by Packard / Studebaker. I'm told it is a "PackardBaker" 7" the car had rats in it, and it smelled like it too. When we got it home we took the seats out and stripped them down to their frame. The rear back seat frame will need some rebuilding because of all of the urine it rusted away in a couple of places 8) As for condition of it all. Mechanically its not in too bad of shape. None of the parts are damaged. they all just need rubber bushiungs and the like. 9) the body is another story there are several places with rust thru, but the body is straight other then rust. I hope I've answered all of your questions if not please feel free to write agail Arnie PS pics later
Reply to
larry

John, I need an email address to send the pics to Arnie

Reply to
larry

If anyone wants pix, just send your email address to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com rather then putting it out here. Larry

Reply to