fuel pump noise gone

put on a NOS '55 fuel pump (from my old engine) and no more fuel pump noise. Only 3 PSI fuel pressure though as opposed to the 5 PSI I got from the R1 pump.

Still don't know if the problem was the fuel pump or the cam... only "known good" R-series pump laying around is on JP's Avanti, and I just LOVE changing fuel pumps on Avantis... but my R1 pump was leaking oil behind the diaphragm, I suspect that I didn't do a good enough job polishing out the pits inside, time to look for another core?

nate

Reply to
N8N