Fun Driving A Studebaker

I and my wife drove our 62 GT Hawk to Church, then a restaurant for breakfast, and then to the store to get some milk this morning. We usually drive our 2000 Saturn, but since the clutch needs to be replaced tomorrow, we drove one of our Studebakers.

At church a friend asked me if I would considering driving her son and his date to the prom since his drivers licence doesn't allow him to drive other teens. She didn't think he would appreciate being driven to the prom by his mother in a van. But she did think that they would really enjoy arriving and being picked up in either the 62 or our 55 Commander which is Black over Coral.

At the restaurant an older gentleman, after looking at the car, stopped at our table and talked about how nice it looked and what good cars Studebaker made.

On the way from there to the grocery store, a man in his mid 20's, expressed his approval of the car as we drove by.

At the grocery store, as we were walking back to the car, a mid aged man said he had been looking at the car and mentioned his appreciation of the car. Then an older man stopped me to talk about how much he liked it and Studebakers in general.

Driving one of the Studebakers is always a fun experiance with the looks, smiles and thumbs up that we receive.

Reply to
55studecat

After I got my 64 Convertible back from the body shop I drove it to the local restaraunt to meet my niece, mother and sister. I young man in a rodded rice bunner pulled up beside me and said " Nice car dude. ". At

61 I am not used to be called dude but at least he liked the Studebaker.

The local garge where I have the convertible worked on said he had people parking along Rte 9 just to look at it. One local guy has a 60 Lark he bought restored and wants to see the Avanti and wants me to see his Studebaker. That makes at least 10 Studebakers I know of within 10 milies of my house.

Geno

64 R2 Avanti

64 Dayt> I and my wife drove our 62 GT Hawk to Church, then a restaurant for

Reply to
jeep4cyl

Last month my wife and I flew to Orange, CA to get the 57 Gold Silver Hawk that I managed to beat John Polus to. We left there about noon and drove it to Seligman, AZ, with the A/C not working! We stayed at the Route 66 Motel. and slept in a room that Dale Robertson once stayed in. The next morning we ate breakfast nextdoor at the Roadkill Cafe. We drove from there to my son's house in Grants NM where I repaired The A/C. From there we drove the last 750 miles to Uvalde, TX with no problems. I couldn't believe all the attention we got from all ages of people saying how they loved the car. Studebakers are "real Head Turners"! Allen

55studecat wrote:
Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Man, I'm getting old, don't even recall chasing a Silver Hawk.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Even if there is a special event at one of the other museums, I can always find a parking place for my CDR when I go down to the Auto Museum - on the display circle in front.

Karl (Funny how many uncles used to drive one.) Haas

55studecat wrote:
Reply to
midlant