FYI: General Warning on Parts Manuals

I had been refering to page number, but that is a bad idea. Use the "Group ID" instead as that appears to be Studebaker Standardized.

In getting the missing pages for the current rebuild, I discovered that Studebaker did multiple releases of their Parts Manuals. The date on the index page, but not the cover, changes AND the pagination is different due to added/deleted material. I do not have a clue what the "most complete manual" would be.

Reply to
63Avanti

Well, I was going to ask if you had the white cover (early) or black cover (late) book. Then I saw you are using a CD. Reprints or CDs are usually made from the latest, most up to date pages available. Your missing pages probably illustrate the frame, springs, rear sway bar and their part numbers.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Black cover, I apparently am missing group 15 and group 18.

to everyone how has responded, thanks to the generosity of Bert, I have fax version of these, thanks to all.

However, I would be *pleased* to receive a high-res electronic scan. going through the low-res fax works, but I have to squint on some of the numbers.

As ALWAYS, a very fine group of people!

Reply to
63Avanti

Rather than work with an unwieldy shop manual, I bound mine into sections. Much easier to handle. I'd make a copy of the page of interest, if time allowed, so I had it handy and could get it greasy as I worked. That was back when the Xerox machines that copied right up to the binding were common. (They are special order, the last I heard.) If you have an original manual, you might do this, too. If you sell repros, you might offer than option.

Karl

Dwa> Well, I was going to ask if you had the white cover (early) or black cover

Reply to
midlant

If you still need hi-res scans I can do them in a day or two, those sections are not very long and will not take too long to scan. I can do them in pdf or gif format, pdf probably best for something like a manual. I should note however, that my manual is not in great shape as it has now been in service for some 41 years. I can send a sample page if you like.

-- wf.

63Avanti wrote:
Reply to
randee