Getting some work done...

So, finally found a hungry upholsterer who appears to do fantastic work and has a couple of my buddies vouching for him. Maybe getting my seats in the 61 rebuild next month (finally!). Got new keys for the ignition/door as the old ones are paper thin and VERY rounded. Have a local locksmith working on cutting the new keys. Might get the FOM dropped in the next month or two and replace all the seals - would be nice to drive and not mark each and every parking spot... And just maybe I can get someone to remove and re-install my front windshield so it doesn't leak - that could be expecting too much from a

49 year old car, though... I did get the new throttle boot cleaned up and lubed and adjusted the tension on the throttle return spring so she acts like she should when I let off the gas pedal now!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kay

What year/model vehicle?

I cannot remember an occasion where a Studebaker windshield leaked.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Surely you jest!

61 Lark VIII. I think this time I will pay someone to re-install, other than trying it myself ;)

Dan

Grumpy AuC>> So, finally found a hungry upholsterer who appears to do fantastic

Reply to
Dan Kay

I installed windshields on both, my old T-Cab and the '55 Prez sedan in about five minutes each and no leaks.

Now, the rear window in a c/k and '53-53 sedan is another story. You definitely cannot do those alone!

Your leak may be coming from another source. Leaks can be very tricky.

JT

Dan Kay wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Well, I know it is the windshield, I can see it bubbling up on the inside corners! On the plus side, the car did originally have leaks at the bottom corners of the rear window, but I installed that correctly!

Dan

Grumpy AuC> I installed windshields on both, my old T-Cab and the '55 Prez sedan in

Reply to
Dan Kay

If it's only "bubbling," I'd just put a very thin bead of sealer under the weatherstrip. Of course that just me... Lazy and good fer nuthin!

JT

Dan Kay wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire