Golden Hawk Choke Tube - Sealing Grommet?

Is there supposed to be a grommet or some sort of rubber that seals the end of the choke tube on the opposite end of the choke housing? I am referring to the end that goes into the bottom of the air box assembly. There is a vacum leak there.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

If there is a vacuum leak, most likely, the manifold tube is cracked. I know of no seal requirement in regards to the carb to manifold pipe as the end should have a simple dust shield.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The pipe (choke tube) just drops into the intake loose. Is there supposed to be a dust shield there JT?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

The subject line says "Golden Hawk". On those, there is a well inside the pressure box that extends into the heat riser passage. The heat tube for the choke has an open end that just goes down into the well. The well is open to the inside of the pressure box to allow air to get to the choke tube - no grommet, seal, or dust cover. The carb draws air through the tube to heat the choke, so there should be suction there. I don't remember anything to restrict the choke tube. Flow must be limited by a bushing with a small hole between the choke housing and the carb, or just the size of the passages in the carb. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

My best advice is to consult a parts manual for an exploded view. The pipe and dust shield are an assembly on certain models. I'm not sure of what carb you're discussing but I suspect that it is the Stromberg in later GH models.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire