Good aspects of modern life

Late last night, after watchng a TV show I had automatically taped at

3 AM in the morning, I opened my email to find a request for info from a SDC members living in the South-central part of the US. He is moving to Hong Kong and wanted some info on moving, but I couldn't really help him. I replied to him, with a CC to a Aussie friend living a few miles from where I used to work in England who had lived previously in HK. Ths morning I got on live and found they had been in contact. All this in ten hours. I wonder how long it would have taken, avoid awakening people, a decade ago.

Karl Me too, Love This Place.

Reply to
midlant

Folks - it's great to be alive in 2007!

My Sweet Patootie had herself a brain aneurism (bubble on the wall of an artery leaking) about a month ago.

Wednesday evening she got an intense headache and fainted. Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, lack of muscle control, fainting, weakness and tingling / numbness were her symptoms. Looking back - she had a nasty headache and very painful neck for a few days before Wednesday.

We called the ambulance and the house filled up with relatives and friends- we're in volunteer fire department turf, and the ambulance is also associated with the fire department. Probably 15 people showed up!

The Hospital in Titusville is small (Think Hooterville from Green Acres) , but they do have a CT scanner, and the smarts to call a helicopter when they spot blood in the ventricles of the brain.

She was off to Hamot Med center in Erie. They spent a day looking at her and doing cat scans and angiograms and deciding what to do with the aneurism they found.

Least invasive choice, given her condition was to fly her to UPMC in Pittsburgh. Once there they did the same diagnostics, then performed a deal where they inserted a catheter into a leg artery, and worked it up into her brain. They inserted small platinum / Titanium coils into the aneurism, allowing blood to clot and fill the little bubble. This sealed it off, permanently.

Bad things happen inside the head when blood is in the cerebral fluid. I have details if you want them. Suffice it to say that they ususally keep people in Neuro ICU for at least a week after something like this. The best thing that can happen is a killer headache for 2 weeks and they don't like to give effective pain medication because that might mask symptoms of the bad things happening.

Worst that can happen is a stroke as the body tries to clean up all the blood from the cerebral fluid.

All along - she was on the high side of what condition she could be in.

No "stroke" symptoms- like paralysis or loss of vision or speech or one side of body wrong or any of those problems.

She appears to have full brain and body use. No memory loss that we can find. Same great attitude.

3 weeks in hospitals - 2 helicopter rides, A catheter in the leg snaked all the way up into the brain and into an aneurism and tiny metal coils inserted!

Man it's great to be alive in 2007!

Mark (got me a Gratitude Attitude) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Reply to
oldcarfart

Yessir... My new boss's wife just had an aneurism let go. No warning. She just passed out, and never regained consciousness. She lasted three days. Life is so.... unpredictable. Enjoy the ride while you can. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice