Good car (and Yacama Valley) history book

I've never had a Ford, except for a quick turnaround - sometimes doing poorly on the deal.

However, thirty or forty years ago I read a book "Me and the Model T" by Roscoe Shelly. It's the rememberances of an old Ford dealer in theYacama Valley of Washington State.

When I read it, I did not know where that was and read it because I was waiting for something or someone and it was the only car book around wherever I was at the time. Just one sample look grabbed me and I either borrrowed, stole or bought the damn thing and read it with great pleasure.

Somewhere along the line I sold it or lost it - of had it stolen when my goods were in a warehouse awaiting shipping to my new residence overseas. (They also stole "Racing the Silver Arrows' by Chris Nixon - a great relating of the saga of the MB - AU races of 1930s.)

Well, Me & Model T appeared on eBay a few days ago and, after about 30 secongs hesitation I hit the BIN at four time the highest bid. Now that I have it in hand, I am recommending it for any old car buff - even other Ford haters like me.

It's also the story of that part of the country, which I found very interesting.

Karl

Reply to
midlant