Good day for speeding(OT)

Just went down to the motor vehical office to renew my drivers license,when I got to the entrance to the Museum of Industry I thought a plane must of crashed or something. Haven't seen this many cop cars in one place since the Hells Angels and associated clubs big conference in Sydney in July. Then I remembered,Ms. Condi Rice is in our little town of Stellarton today,shes having breakfast with Peter Mckay and 350 invited guests there this morning. There were a few disgracefull assholes holding anti-war,anti-US signs out front,but I was glad to see the police made them pack it in ,hopefully before she got here,as they were gone on my way back. The Ladys here to THANK us you dumbfucks,show some respect. Anyway, it would probaly be a great time to see how fast the Harley will do,because there can't be a spare cop in Pictou county. But then,I just got a new drivers license,my luck.... Hope Ms. Rice enjoys her visit to Nova Scotia,and leaves with only good impressions.

Reply to
Robert Black

Yes your right Robert we should show some class when someone is thanking us for helping their citizens in a time of great need...

Why it was only a few years ago that the people of Boston, USA, loaded up trains with everything we could need when we had the City of Halifax blown up(1917)...When we sent them a Christmas tree each year as a thank you, I never saw people then setting up signs and protesting us..did you ???

Nice point Robert...

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing Small

I did the same thing in the Outer Banks of N.C. a couple of weeks ago, met a state trooper (from opposite direction) who wrote up the ticket @ 70 in a 55 zone (by doing that he & I did not have to go to the "hoosecow!) First one in years, also on my new license!

Reply to
GABOY

I still remember that the Canadian embassy made many of our folks in Iran Canadian citizens after our embassy there was taken over. That way they got home. (In England, about 1/3 of my casual acquaintences thought I was Canadian. I didn't tell them that I was. but: When asked if I was American, I'd innocent;ly ask if they considered Canadians to be Americans. Or I would say I came from a place that started with a "C" and ended with an "A." (California does.) It's safer to be Canbadian - no one dislikes tham, excep-t for other Canadians!)

Karl

Lans> Yes your right Robert we should show some class when someone is thanking

Reply to
midlant