Good Weather Day

Today was the first nice day we've had, up in the low to mid 60's (I know, you SW guys don't know what that is) Anyhow, changed the oil in the 52, and the lawn tractor (not looking forward to using it) decided that it was time to fire up both the 52 and 62 ragtops and "remove" them from hibernation. 52 fired right up after a 3 month snooze, 62 took a little cranking and fired up. Pulled both out of the garage, installed the almost "new NOS" 1/4 belt moldings I bought from Ed Reynolds last week, got them on, the rear top molding, almost all of the snaps for the top, a "few" piddily things, including the top pump, it's leaking, and I have a kit, just need to seal her up. The 62 was supposed to go to the top shop today, but has been "postponed" by them until Wednesday, so, It damn well better be "halfway" warm on Wednesday, as I'll drive it in to the shop, and take it to him after work. I'd hate to have to trailer it there! Cleaned up the garage a little bit, took care of the "youngun" she's been sick with the flu or something, dang near a week now. Sure hope I don't get it! I'm actually running out of parts to put on the 62 ragtop! OK, BP, I still have to "throw in" the rebuilt transmission, but, most of the small stuff is on the car! I'm ready to get 'er done!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner

A good weather day here, too. Just finished my last well of the season; Spring breakup is upon us with a vengeance. I drove off the lease before sunup this morning, so I could drive out on the frost. The lease and lease roads have been quagmires for several days. As it was, with the mud frozen, it was like driving on rough pavement, and the Suburban scarcely got dirty.

When I arrived home at 6:30 P.M., the thermometer was reading 8° C, which is mid

40's F. There is a young lake in my yard, formed by snowmelt pooled on the up-slope side of the driveway. I got a shovel, and cleared the culvert, and the lake is now draining. No damage done. Life is good!

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond