Goodbye Window Crank

Good! The only thing windows are used for is getting filthy germs from toll workers, tossing out cigarette butts and condoms, and capping some bro's ass in da hood. Now they can put a smart chip in there that can stop the window from opening at all when stupid people do stupid things... Jeff (like replying to goofy threads ) rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Now I just want to get an "auto-down" button for the passenger side of my truck and the double auto-down switch on the driver's side. If luxury cars can have them for every window, I don't see why regular vehicles can't.

Lee (I think it's more than the switch)

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

What is a "double" auto-down?

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

I can push one button on my 2005 Mustang and all of the windows go down at once. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

"Double" auto down - one switch for the drivers window, one switch for the passenger window. Sequoias have them, Lexus vehicles have them, Toyota just puts it on the driver's window. I've looked it up on the Tundra Solutions forum, you can make them all auto down, but it involves soldering a circuit board... and that ain't going to happen.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

A friend of mine had a Mercedes that had that... even opened the sun roof. He said it worked great the one time he was driving it and the sensors thought the car was under water when it actually was just in a heavy rain.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I think that is common to most of the new convertibles. Your supposed to push it first before lowering the top. The retractables like the Lexus 430SC and the Volvo C-60 go down when you push the 'top' button.

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

Reply to
Robert Black

Okay, you mean an "auto" function for ALL windows; not just the driver's. I've seen that on the Lexus and other luxury brands as well. Some such as the VW also have an "auto" up feature, but they have to have a self reversing feature built in.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Tell that to Nissan. A friend of mine got a Titan as a loaner a while back and it had auto-up windows. I figured they'd have a pressure switch in them like a garage door. I stopped forcing the window down about 3 inches from full close because either I was going to get my fingers pinched off or I was going to break the window. A kid's/pet's neck wouldn't stand a chance.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Oh... and the location of the switch. Not on the armrest... but on the top edge of the door panel by the glass, right where a kid would put his hand to balance or a pet would put a paw to rest while looking out the window. The thing was an inverted guillotine.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I don't trust my crank....It's gone off before without warning... Jeff (That's why they call it a prick...) Rice

"Bob" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
rustynutgarage

I think it has something to do with BlackJack...but faster...I never saw it yet on a rig though...

Oh I would never go back to a crank again...I'm spoiled here...

Lansing

Please remove the X to e-mail me...I get spam here daily

Reply to
ConcreteGuy