Great selection of cars in SoCal

This might interest those coming down here for the Big 3 meet the end of Feb. I sent it to the SD Chapter folks and volunteers at the SD Auto Museum. It's a second draft and additions and.or corrections may be needed.

Contact me this weekend if you need to see them

THE SAN DIEGO COLLECTION

Every month or two I like to stop here on the way home from my usual auto museum duties. It's what I call an automobile consignment shop, although I don't know if that's the correct term. It's in a one story building on El Cajon Blvd at 72nd Street in La Mesa, California. In addition to cars, there are old radios, toys, etc. I've never really looked at the shelves.

Today, 1/25/08, they were setting up the best selection I have ever seen there - better than most museums of this size. No description sheets were available, so the info is from what I could guess, see on what sheets were there or pester out of people. The vehicles seemed to be to the usual high standard. I didn't see a flaw anywhere during my hour visit. (I'm no expert and haven't officially judged at a car meet for decades.)

What I remembered seeing:

1932 Chrysler 4 seat convertible 1941 Lincoln Continental Conv. (Black) 1941 Mercury Convertible. 1954 Corvette Convertible. White. 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible. 1951 Olds 98 HT (Holiday?) 1954 Oldsmobile 1956 Bentley modified saloon body on R-Type chassis for Le Mans 1956/57 Lincoln Continental MKII Two silver Bentleys 4 seat conv circa 40/50s? Two Jaguar 120 (?) Convertible Red & ?? 19XX Mercedes-Benz 2-dr, w/detachable top 1934 Vale 1933 (special)* 1934 Bugatti coupe, loudly supercharged 1935 Ford Convertible Coupe

*Vale made about 25 cars a year (1932 - 36) of an extremely high quality, which continue to be sought after today [1974] Source: Culshaw & Horrobin AFAIK, This is the first one I have ever seen. I hope not the last.

Reply to
Karl Haas