Great Studebaker Day!

So, it being a very nice day in the mid to upper 70's with light cloud cover, I drove the 61 Lark up to the Portland VA Hospital this morning for my checkup with my surgeon - 84 miles one way up the I-5 corridor. Made it there an hour early and immediately got in to see him because the guy ahead of me canceled. Good news, great range of motion and I managed not to cry when he rotated my arm around, rotator cuff surgery seems to be healing well. One more month before I can go back to work light duty. And, a refill of hydro so I can get some physical therapy done without hurting too much!

So, I decided to take the back roads back home. Crossed the Willamette and hit 99E south. As I was passing through Oregon City, I met up with a big, burly biker on a Heritage Softail. At a red light we started talking. His parents met at work - at the Studebaker plant in California! His dad still has several Stude's, including a 59 wagon. We both found it amusing we both loved Studebakers and rode Harleys. Then the light changed and we moved on down the road. I took twice as long getting home, took every backroad I knew that headed in a southerly direction. What a beautiful day for Studebakering!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kay