Great Studebaker Week!

Starting last Tuesday 8/6 drove the Studebaker every day, put over 770 miles on her. Went up to Reno for Hot August Nights, saw several other great Studebakers and chatted with the owners. Met up with J.Savish who was on his way to Bonneville. Jack, it was great to sit and chat and share a cold brew in Sparks. Went on the Poker run from Reno down to Minden, NV and back. Cruised all over Reno, parked at every venue at least once. Got lots of great comments on the car, had lots of questions about where to get parts and cars, talked up the SDC. Then Saturday morning drove about 200 miles down to Danville, CA for my 39th High School reuniion, where everyone was amazed to see a 54 year old Studebaker drive in. Headed back home to Marysville this morning, stopped for breakfast along the way and came out to find a guy taking pictures of the car and had to chat with him for a bit. I am loving this LS1 and 4L60E drive train. Including all of the idle speed crusing through Reno and Sparks, plus the 70 mph runs over the mountains with the A/C on we got just under 20 mpg for the trip and for the leg between Reno and Danville we got 26 mpg. Next major trip is down to the SW Zone meet in Selma, CA (Near Fresno) in September. Hope see and meet some of you there.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Dilling