Grrrrrr... Crap Gas in Florida...(ot) (rant)

Went house hunting today in south Georgia.. Stopped near Lake City and filled up the gas tank in the wife's car. Drove up to Tifton and looked at a couple places. On the way over to Pearson to look at another place. On the way over the lil' car started bucking and quitting. Shut off the a/c, slowed down, jammed on the brakes, floored it and it took off again.. Had this happen about 3 years ago and it was water in the gas and the plastic sock around the fuel pump in the tank got all oogy. Ran great after that. Filled it up at half a tank (Got 31 mpg on this stuff!) and tossed tome STP gas treatment in the tank. Drove back home (about 200 miles) with the car pulling this crap only when going up a pretty good grade. Once, around Alachua, FL. it actually stalled and I had to park it and re-start it. Damned if Florida is telling me it doesn't want me.... Out comes the gas tank tomorrow for a cleaning and a new sock for the fuel pump. Damnit! Jeff (and now I have the 'I told you so' line being repeated hourly...Grrrr!!) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Put the lil' car up on the lift early this morning and siphoned out the gas left in the tank. Dropped the tank and removed the electric fuel pump. Dried out the tank and blew it out with an air hose. Didn't look too awful, but a few flages were floating around in there. Went to the flaps and picked up a new fuel pump and fiilter. (whose online shopping is great...you look up your parts and they tell you online whether it is in stock at the store you choose) Stung a bit on the pump at $154.95, but it is cheap insurance for/from the wife. And considering the OEM electric pump is now 14 years old... A new one made sense... When I removed the gas filter it was nasty bad with water and gook. The remnants of that gas load is in a plastic gas can and will not get re-used. Put it all back together and ran over and filled 'er up and ran the snot out of it.. Purrs like a kitten, er, old cat... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice