Hate those Gremlins

The Gremlins started taking over the Body Shop yesterday. I took off work early to get to the Body Shop so I could get a hand doing so finishing touches to the Transtar and soon as I walked in Lloyd inform me that the front drivers fender need to be repainted, Damn! It seems that the bondo hardener was leaching through the paint make 3 or 4 silver dollar size pinkish marks in the paint. We have had this done before with the red hardener but we was using nothing but the white hardener. The truck was so close to being finish and they where just finishing the glazing. So I finished putting the fender weld on the rear fenders and the next thing I hear is Jerry swearing. . . the buffer caught a hold of the rear tail light wiring and rip it from the socket. So I spend the next hour and a half soldering the ends back on the socket. . . .grrrrr.

Then I did only one thing that I was planning on doing that day and that was to change the oil. Then I went sanded the fender again urethane primed the fender took it out side and gave it a bath before putting it in the spray booth. And for the next two hour I took my time and mask the truck to get it ready to paint. . .John came in later that night and wet sand the fender and seal and painted it again. . . this morning I came in and the fender looked great. . .I just hope no other spots come into view.

Gremlins please out at some other shop for awhile. . .I'm running out of time and sleep.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Well, at least they're better looking than Pacers! :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

I had a Gremlin back in the 1980's and loved it. 258 six with 2 bbl didn't wait for anyone!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

First car (1988-1994) was a Gremlin - 1974 with 258 and three speed transmission (shifter on the floor which someone told me only came on cars with AC - which it also had) - would have loved an overdrive tranny but still averaged 22 mpg and did not leave me on the side of the road (that was not my fault!). Also learned while owning the car about taking a good size wrench to tighted up an axle nut. Ended up spinning the axle shaft inside the drum...

Grumpy AuC> >

Reply to
62champ

Put a hopped up 401CI engine and 4:10 gears in one and see if you can keep it between the ditches BTDT have the scars to prove it.

Bob40...when it launched I felt like Willie Borsch!

Reply to
Bob