heavy duty FOM?

All right, I think I will probably be calling JP later to work out a deal on the R1 motor, but before I do, does anyone have a heavy duty (watercooled) FOM for sale for a reasonable price? If not I will just bolt up my existing trans but if I were going to swap now would be the time.

I have thought about doing a Powershift or 4-speed, but just don't feel like re-engineering the whole car, after getting everything working smoothly together. For some reason I find driving much more satisfying than removing the skin from my knuckles.

Also, I'm thinking that while I have the car apart I should probably have my radiator reworked, as I will be adding both more power and eventually A/C. I'd feel better having it recored with a larger core, and also my water neck needs to be replaced as the cap doesn't screw down tightly (it fits, but never builds pressure.) I'm thinking that around here that would probably cost almost as much as a new radiator from Rodney Red, and buying a new rad. would allow me to have a trans cooler built in to leave my drivetrain options open. comments? This is for a '55 C-K body.

nate

Reply to
N8N

John Poulos

I knew you had the powershift, and a DG-250, but I did not know about the FOMs...

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
N8N

I hear his account number with "Karma Motors" is 001.

poor N8

Reply to
markansas859