Hey Nate!!.....

Is there a standard interchange for V8 valve stem seals?

I tried to buy some locally but to no avail. I thought that early Chebby 282/305 small blocks would have the same seals.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I think someone told me that it was the Chevy Vega? Lee D. has a Ford interchange for a positive type that requires no machining, which is the one that's listed on my web site. Haven't used either one.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
blacklarkviii

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I have the cross ref for the f*rd interchange. I'm just trying to stay original for this application.

JT

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Are they just plain umbrella type?

JT

blacklarkviii Actually 302 Ford are just fine.

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yes they do but in this case, I'm trying to stick with the original Stude type.

I had to pull the heads off of the Power Hawk, (let the gas go bad), and lost two of the originals... That were still in perfect shape.

JT

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire