HJeard on a Studbaker radio this afternoon

A left-nut staion (Air America) ran an ad for a right-nut station (Fox). Shouldn't they cancel each other out and leave just static?

Karl

Reply to
SeaWoe

They generate more static by both staying on the air.

Reply to
Barry

The more I read about whats on the radio the better I feel about not listening to it.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

My listenin' is reduced to KMFA here in Austin and one or two of the country stations. Damned if I'll pay to listen to radio since I don't do so for teevee...

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Karl, Air America isn't a radio station, its more of an infomercial network, on most stations they have to pay the station to carry them (unlike say Rush Limbaugh or Kim Komando who the stations pay a LOT of money for the right to carry them). I expect the ad you heard was put on by the local station, not AA... the station may even be a Fox Radio affiliate.

Just out of curiosity what was the station?

Jeff DeWitt

SeaWoe wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

San Diego AM 1630, FWIW Interesting info from you.

Karl

Reply to
midlant