Home from SD & Columbia

I got home yesterday from my run to Armour, SD to retreive the first load from Ken Voigt's sale. I took my, buddy, Jeff with me, & we loaded his nearly new Chebby 3/4 tn truck and my brother's heavy duty 20 ft trailer up on my 40 hauler, and left Houston on Tues afternoon. We arrived at Ken's on Thursady morning, removed the truck & trailer, and then loaded the tractor I bought at the sale up on my brothers trailer which had been connected to Jeff's truck. Ken drug his air hose out & we checked & inflated tires as needed. I pointed out that the rear trailer tires should be replaced since they were getting slick, & one had a slow leak. Jeff, who was in a hhurry to get back home, said that he would stop at at a tire store, and rushed off without helping me load the Studes. Ken borrowed his neighbor's tractor to load a 51 starlight & 48 biz coupe on my trailer, & helped me part out a 41 prez & an M ser 1-1/2 tn, & load the parts up. He then took off to play a quick round of golf while I removed some more parts until dark. On Fri morning while I was loading some of the loose parts I bought, Jeff called to say that he was rear-ended in Wichita, KS while limping off of the highway with a blown tire. Some clod pulling a trailer load of new tires on a trailer behind a late model F**d pick-up slammed into him at about 60 mph, jacknifing Jeff's rig and demolishing the trailer & the F**d. The trailer & tractor were turned over on their side & the trailer hitch broke. Jeff's pride & joy, his 20K mi pick up, suffered severe damage to the side of the bed, tire, & tail gate. Since he was unable to loosen his lug nuts, all 3 units had to be towed in at a price of $650.00. He paid the bill, had the tire changed, & came on home. Now, I will need to retreive the tractor from the storage lot before the $30./day storage eats it up. Just what I need the week i am preparing for the Intl meet! On Sat., I attended the all- MO meet in Columbia. The weather was picture perfect, & there were about 25 Studes there, & 3 vendors, including myself & Les Schmidt. Since there were no awards for long distance or ugliest Stude, I did not get any awards, but I did sell a $1.00 part to Leeland Laws. Will post some pix when my camera batteries get charged up.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

hey Barry,good to hear you had a safe one...chk ur mail,,thx

Reply to
Tex

Safe for me- just not so safe for my partner.

Reply to
Barry