How does this fit on?

A peice of trim fell off my stude and for the life of me, I can't figure out how it goes back on. There doesn't appear to be any way to get at it from the backside. Pictures are at the link below. Thanks Jim

Jim

Should use "barrel nuts" to hold it on, stop by an "older collision shop" they might still have some around, otherwise, you'll need to buy a box of probably 50 or 100. Might check with SASCO, SI or maybe Jon Myer, they "might" have the right size, they come in many sizes.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Or use a dab of construction adhesive on the pins.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

JP, Yes, that will work, but it's been my experience that often the area wasn't always prepped correctly- and the paint comes off with your part attached... lost to the mean streets of wherever you live.

The "Barrel Nuts" Jim and Allen decribe are definately the best way to do it.

I also have an assortment of them in-stock... if Jim could measure the size of the post... I probably have them...

Ray

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Studeman

Thanks for your responses guys.

This barrel nut, you push it into the hole and then push the studs of the trim into the hole of the nut?

Jim

Reply to
Jim

yup, exactly.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The Studebaker part # for the push in barrel nuts is 286415 which are hard to find. AUVECO #10073 seems to work.

RBK.